Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Leveraging Social Media for Student Engagement
Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 3:00 PM (EST)
Title: Leveraging Social Media for Student Engagement
Date: Wednesday, Mar 3rd 2010
Time: 3-4:15pm EST
Abstract: Most research concludes that at least 90% of college students have an active online social networking account. That means, to fully engage this generation, Student Affairs needs to understand and utilize the new world of MyTwubeBook. This webinar will cover Facebook, Twitter, Blogging, and Ning to provide you with enough knowledge to effectively implement a strategy to increase student engagement at your institution.
Audience: Student Affairs Professionals, Student Activities, Student Organization Advisors, FYE Professionals, and Grad Assistants
- 3:00-3:30 - Institution Examples / Case studies / Best Practices (Facebook, Blogging, Ning, Twitter)
- 3:30-3:45 - Student Voices (2 students sharing how they'd like you to engage them online)
- 3:45-4:05 - Q&A
- 4:05-4:15 - What's Next
- Define goals and expectations of online engagement
- Understand what online tools work best for which institutions
- Research backed adoption statistic of each tool
- Advanced usage tips for each tool based on case studies
- Understand the tools from the student's perspective
- 100% of the webinar proceeds go to the Student Blogging Scholarship
- Each school only needs to purchase one 'seat,' so feel free to share your screen with co-workers, or set up a projection room for a larger staff training.
- The webinar has limited 'seating' to allow for more participant's questions to be answered during Q&A.
- The webinar is for educational institutions. If you do not register with a .edu email account, we reserve the right to refund your money.
- The audio/slides will be emailed to you within 48 hours after the webinar.
ABOUT THE PRESENTERS:
Tom Krieglstein is Director of Operations for Red Rover which is a simple web tool that builds an online student union for your institution to help your students discover, connect and engage each other around similar interests.
The Student Affairs Collaborative > www.thesabloggers.org
The Student Affairs Collaborative
The Student Affairs Collaborative is a collaborative website of Student Affairs professionals connecting and exchanging knowledge.
Red Rover is a simple web tool that builds an online student union for your institution to help your students discover, connect and engage each other around similar interests.